What does the Bible say about the lie and the liar?
“Trump Supporters” continue to believe and perpetuate the lie that the presidential election was stolen. Such a “belief” undermines the testimony of Christian about Jesus and salvation. Why should I believe that what you say about God, Jesus, and/or salvation and the cleansing from sin when I can’t believe what you say about the presidential election and the underlying truth about our governing process?
You say that you are a Christian and believe in God and Jesus. But if I cannot believe what you say about matters in the news today (i.e. the election) why should I believe what you say about God, Jesus, and/or Biblical truths?
What does the Bible say?
· “A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.”
· “Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices”
o If you perpetuate a lie, such as the stolen election, then you are lying to me.
· “Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.”
o Put away “falsehood.”
o “Speak truth with his neighbor.”
§ Why should I believe what you say about anything (Jesus) when you are not speaking the truth about all things (The election and Trump)?
· “A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.”
o A false witness who breathes out lies will perish
o A faithful witness does not lie
§ A faithful witness does not lie about anything including repeating the lies of others.
· “No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.”
o No one who practices deceit or utters lies shall dwell in my house.
§ A lie is a lie is a lie.
§ God cannot lie, but man can and does lie.
§ Test the spirits. Do not believe every spirit and/or lie. Is it God speaking or is it man speaking,
1 John 4:1
ü “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God.”
· “I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love your law.”
o I hate and abhor falsehood
§ But what about the falsehood or the lie that the presidential election was stolen?
o I love your law
§ Prove it
ü “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:18)
ü "I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth." (1 John 2:21)
· “You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.”
o God destroys those who speak lies
o If you speak lies, are you not a child a of the father of lies?
§ “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (John 8:44)